The $1000 Robert G. Wampler/Daniel A. Herbert Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a pharmacy student entering their second year of pharmacy school at MCV/VCU School of Pharmacy.
The Richmond Pharmacists Association (RPhA) will base the selection process upon a review of the following:
- Leadership qualities
- Involvement in pharmacy organizations
- Evidence of community service
- Enthusiasm and compassion for the profession
- Good academic standing
The applicant must complete the personal information on the application form in addition to the following:
- Personal Statement: Applicants must submit a 300-500 word personal statement summarizing their eligibility based on the above criteria as well as the importance of professional involvement to the advancement of pharmacy practice.
- Student Board member of RPhA: If chosen, applicant must be willing to serve on the RPhA Board for a minimum of 1 year. This would require the applicant to attend at least 6 board meetings and serve as a student representative to provide valuable insight on RPhA board issues as well as offer suggestions to retain and increase student and new graduated participation in pharmacy organizations.
- Letter of Recommendation: At least one letter of recommendation from a current or prior pharmacy supervisor or pharmacy professor that should be placed in a sealed envelope with the signature of the reference over the seal.
- Must be a VASP member (which includes VPhA membership).
- Pharmacy Transcript: Applicants must submit an unofficial copy of their first year pharmacy school transcripts.
Application packet must be received by September 5 of the current year.
Submit application online
Submit paper application to:
RPhA Robert G. Wampler/Daniel A. Herbert Memorial Scholarship
2530 Professional Road
Richmond, VA 23235
The award recipient will be notified during July of the current year and presented with the scholarship at the RPhA Officer Installation Banquet. The award check will be made payable to the recipient. The recipient is responsible for communicating correct information to RPhA for accurate check issuance.
For more information and/or questions contact:
VPhA: (804) 285-4145