Robert G. Wampler Student Scholarship:
Background and Objectives
This scholarship was created in memory of long time Virginia Pharmacists Association member Robert G Wampler. The objective of the scholarship is to help individuals in Virginia who wish to pursue a career in pharmacy. It is intended to reduce the financial burden of advancing one’s career after working in a pharmacy. This $1000 education scholarship is awarded to eligible recipients to help fund attendance at a Virginia School of Pharmacy.
- Preference shall be given to applicants who are members of VPhA or are recommended by a member of VPhA.
- Applicants must be enrolled in or accepted to a School of Pharmacy in Virginia.
- Preference will be given to those who work in or previously worked in a Virginia pharmacy.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Online application
- Personal Statement of no more than 500 words summarizing their eligibility for the scholarship
- Letter of Recommendation sent directly to the selection committee from a current or prior pharmacy supervisor or VPhA member.
- Proof of Enrollment/Admission to a Virginia School of Pharmacy.
- Unofficial copy of most recent college transcript (pre-pharmacy or first year at School of Pharmacy).
Recipients must apply for the scholarship prior to the start of the applicable semester.
Recipients must join the Association as a student member.
Recipients will be recognized on the website and in publications of the Association and Foundation. They will be asked to share their experiences with pharmacists and other health care providers in a publication and/or presentation format.
Use of Scholarship Funds and Payment
- Awardees must use scholarship funds to help pay tuition within one year of selection.
- Payment shall be made to the student or sponsoring pharmacy/pharmacist upon proof of enrollment. A sponsor pharmacy or pharmacist who pays the upfront tuition may be reimbursed upon proof of payment.
A call for applications will be sent out at least annually by the VPhA Foundation. Applications will be accepted throughout the year. All applicants will be notified of receipt of the application within two weeks.
Upon receipt, applications will be reviewed by the VPhA Foundation Grants & Programs Committee. Factors to be considered will be: Leadership qualities, Civic or professional organization involvement, Community service, Enthusiasm and compassion for the profession, Academic standing, and Quality of work/employee recognition.
All applicants will be notified of request(s) for additional , approval, or rejection. Successful applicants will receive a Scholarship Agreement stipulating the terms, provisions, and conditions of the Scholarship.
The award recipient will be notified within 60 days of application and recognized for the scholarship at a VPhA meeting. The award check will be made payable to the recipient upon verification of enrollment.
For more information and/or questions contact:
VPhA Foundation: (804) 301-0131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org