- This event has passed.
VA Opioid Abatement Authority Listening Sessions
The Opioid Abatement Authority (OAA) and the Virginia Association of Community Services Boards (VACSB) are jointly
hosting a series of town hall style listening sessions around the state.
The OAA’s Board of Directors will use these listening sessions to collect feedback that will be useful in determining
funding priorities and decisions about grant applications that are being made available as a result of multiple legal
settlements from opioid manufacturers, distributers and pharmaceutical companies. The sessions are open to the
The listening sessions are open to the public, and the OAA is seeking input from a broad and diverse audience including
individuals in recovery, families of people who have been impacted by opioid use disorders, peers/allies, service
providers, law enforcement, and local government.
Most of the listening sessions will be held in person, and there will be one all-virtual session. The sessions will include
an opening presentation by the OAA, after which time speakers will be encouraged to address the OAA.
Each attendee must register individually for the date they wish to attend.
- 12/01/2022 – 7:15PM – 8:45PM
- Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (In-Person ONLY)
- 12/03/2022 – 2:00PM – 3:30PM
- Fairfax County Government Center – Board Auditorium (In-Person ONLY)
- 01/30/2023 – 6:30PM – 8:00PM
- Hanover County Administration Building – Board Room (In-Person ONLY)
- 02/12/2023 – 5:00PM – 6:30PM
More dates to be scheduled.