- This event has passed.
DEI Webinar Series: Transnormal: Bridging The Gap for Transgendered Communities
Thursday, June 15, 2023
7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Transgendered communities are expected to trust many institutions, organizations, and campaigns to keep us safe and show us how to gain access to normative lifestyles. The problem comes when those organizations fail to follow through on supplying those needs. People are losing trust in those placed in power to facilitate the community’s safety, so how can we restore that trust? What can we do to better assist the community? How can we, in fact, bridge the gap from just being transgendered and labeled as an endangered community, to being normal?
- Communicate with transgendered patients in ways that help their comfort level
- Provide necessary resources that are more intimate to transgendered needs
- Become aware of community organizations and the need to partner with pharmacies
- Become more familiar with resources for transgendered care
- Consider gender-affirming education for pharmaceutical entities
- Provide person center care within the Transgender Community
- Understand the disparities of Transgender related Care
- Gender Affirming Services and Care
- Cultural Humility within the LGBTQ population
Activity Type: Knowledge
Contact Hours: 1.0
Founder & President
ETSI Health Clinic
VPhA Members: FREE
Registration closes on 06/15/2023 @ 1:00pm
The Zoom link will be sent out to all registered attendees on the 15th.
Click Here to register if unable to view Lecture Panda below.