2nd Annual Pharmacy Compounding Symposium hosted by Hancock Daniel and VPhA
1:00 – 1:10 p.m. Opening Remarks – Jerry Canaan, JD, Hancock Daniel
1:10 – 2:00 p.m. Regulatory Developments: A Year in Review
Moderator: Jerry Canaan, JD, Hancock Daniel
- Scott Brunner, CAE, Executive Vice President, International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists
- Barbara Exum, PharmD, Director, Center for Compounding Practice and Research. VCU School of Pharmacy
- Mary Malone, JD, Hancock Daniel
- Scott Johnson, JD, Hancock Daniel
This session will provide a practical overview of recent changes in federal and state regulatory requirements, and the resulting compliance challenges and business opportunities faced by the Virginia pharmacy community.
2:00 – 2:45 p.m. Overview: Recent Compounding Enforcement Activity
Speaker: Eric Atkinson, JD, Hancock Daniel
This session will provide an overview of some of the national investigatory, disciplinary, and litigation trends; practical tips for managing governmental investigations and discovery; and examine how to best manage (and hopefully resolve) such cases.
2:45 – 3:00 p.m. Break
3:00 – 3:50 p.m. Panel Discussion: Compounding Market Updates
Moderator: Elizabeth Whalley Buono, RN, MBA, JD, Hancock Daniel
- Chris Currin, Rx3 Pharmacy
- Patricia Crawford, President and Founder of LTCPCMS, Inc.
- Cheri Garvin, RPh, CEO, The Compounding Center
This session will provide an informed discussion of market trends, compounding innovations and evolving business models in the pharmacy compounding space.
3:50 – 4:00 p.m. Audience Open Question Session / Closing Remarks – Mary Malone, JD
This symposium is being offered free of charge by Hancock Daniel.