COVID-19 testing has been a hot topic in recent weeks (Feb 2022) and The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) provides participants with the most up-to-date information regarding testing availability and allocation. This presentation also provides updates for available COVID-19 vaccines and therapeutics.
- Provide a current overview of COVID-19 in Virginia: Virology, Epidemiology, and Prevention
- Review current pharmacy testing strategies that support COVID-19 public health response
- Identify COVID-19 vaccine candidates and differentiate immunization schedules for individual patients
- Review administration, handling, and storage of current COVID-19 vaccines
- Discuss COVID-19 therapeutics currently available and their role in the pre-exposure, treatment, and post-exposure prophylaxis of COVID-19
Alexis Page, PharmD, BCACP
Healthcare Coordination and Therapeutics Unit Co-Lead
Chelsea Sprouse, PharmD, BCACP
COVID-19 Vaccine Pharmacy Coordinator
VPhA Member: $20
Click here to register if cannot see the LecturePanda button below.