As deaths related to opioid use continue to increase, it is important that pharmacists have a clear understanding of all aspects of comprehensive opioid treatment, including how to communicate with providers and refer patients to appropriate programs. Recognizing the stigma and challenges faced by clients navigating treatment is important if we are going to decrease the mortality related to opioid use disorder.
- Describe what a quality office-based treatment program looks like
- Recognize best practices related to MOUD treatment
- Understand some of the struggles that clients go through in finding and engaging in MOUD treatment
- Learn how to locate and communicate with preferred providers in Virginia
- Identify stigma in all its forms and learn strategies to decrease stigma in patient populations
Intended Audience: Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
Activity Type: Knowledge
Contact Hours: 1.0
Paul Brasler LCSW
Behavioral Health Addiction Specialist
Department of Medical Assistance Services
VPhA Member: $20
Click Here is you are unable to view the Lecture Panda Registration below.