The Harvey B. Morgan Institute and the Virginia Pharmacist Association Research & Education Foundation are seeking nominations for the 2020 recipient of The Harvey B. Morgan Award for Advancing Health Policy. This competitive award, consists of a check for $1,000, a plaque and a stipend for registration and accommodations for up to $300 to be used for attendance at the VPhA 139th Annual Convention in Virginia Beach, July 30-August 2, 2020.
The qualifications for this award are as follows. Nominated students should:
- Have demonstrated exceptional service, activity and commitment in the area of policy development and related activity.
- Have applied their knowledge of pharmacy and policy to provide education and information to citizens, public officials and pharmacy students/professionals.
- Have demonstrated the ideals of the profession and the Morgan Institute (Vision, Mission and Value Statements).
- Be in good standing of their student organization (APhA-ASP) and VPhA.
- Be on track to graduate within 2 years of receipt of the award from an accredited entry level pharmacy degree program.
- Be in good standing with their respective school of pharmacy.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member from their school that can speak to your leadership activities and skills as well as any legislative or professional advocacy activities in which you have been involved (for example participation in VPhA/VSHP’s legislative day).
Nominations for this award may be submitted by the student, friend, or professor and are due by April 15, 2020. Nominations should be made in the form of a letter of recommendation describing the nominee’s activities and a current CV. A list of activities and supporting documentation covering the items from qualifications may be submitted and strong consideration will be given for applicant’s participation in VPhA’s Legislative Day activities. The Morgan Institute Board of Advisors or their appointees will judge the nominations and select one winner.
Nominations and supporting materials may be emailed to Rebecca Snead, Morgan Institute Chair at email@example.com, faxed to 804-285-4145, or mailed to Rebecca Snead c/o The VPhA Foundation Harvey B. Morgan Institute, 2530 Professional Road, North Chesterfield, VA 23235.
The winner will be notified and is expected to be present to receive his/her award at the VPhA 139th Annual Convention in Virginia Beach, July 30-August 2, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Snead at firstname.lastname@example.org
*The institute reserves the right to refrain from making the award if the candidate pool fails to meet the award criteria.