In today’s information-centric world, the news about Coronavirus (COVID-19) is spreading faster than we can keep up. VPha is closely monitoring developments and sharing important alerts as they become available.
As COVID-19 continues to impact communities nationwide, it is important that we all take #StepsforHealth to protect ourselves and the communities in which we work, live, and enjoy. Please follow the steps below as a measure of good public health practice.
VPhA prides ourselves on being an information resource to the members, partners, and the general public that we serve. The following resources are designed to minimize anxiety and are carefully chosen to provide the most useful information as you carry out your daily routine.
Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM) Changes
Virginia’s COVID-19 Information Pages
National Pharmacy Organizations’ COVID-19 Information Pages
Pharmacists Guide to COVID-19
- Here is the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) Decision Tree for Pharmacists to Guide Patients.
- Download this CDC chart to know the symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019.
- Everyone can do their part to help respond to this emerging public health threat. See CDC’s recommendations for everyone.
- Learn when patients in the United States should be evaluated for COVID-19.
- CDC provided a comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions for Healthcare Professionals.
- FDA said how it’s ensuring quality of the drug supply in a February 24, 2020, announcement.
The Facts About COVID-19
- Human coronaviruses can sometimes cause lower-respiratory tract illnesses, such as pneumonia or bronchitis, more commonly in people with cardiopulmonary disease, people with weakened immune systems, infants, and older adults. Patients with Coronavirus Disease 2019 have reportedly had mild to severe respiratory illness. Learn how to protect yourself, how to protect others, and treatment.
- Myths about COVID-19