The Legislative Committee has been hard at work this year – now is the time we need a grassroots push!
Todd Pillion’s PBM bill (which was merged from several PBM bills) was reported out of the House unanimously and will be considered in the Senate as early as next week.
Please look at the list of Senators below. If you are in their district and/or if you know of someone in their district you can ask to call, please do so ASAP. Talking points are available here in case your senator’s offices ask you to fax or email them more information. Please let us know if you are a contact for any of the Senators below so we know who is covered and who is not.
Script for Talking Points
- I am a [pharmacist/student pharmacist/ pharmacy technician/consumer] from your district and I would like you to support House Bill (HB) 1177.
- [Use talking points]
- Can I count on Senator’s [insert name] support?
- If non-committal, ask “When can I follow up to get a commitment of support?”
- If not supportive, ask why?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org confirmation that you contacted the Senator’s office and response you received
Senate Commerce and Labor
Meets Mondays, 15 minutes after adjournment (afternoon), Senate Room A, Pocahontas building
Sen. Frank Wagner, Chairman
- Represents Virginia Beach City, Norfolk City
- (804) 698-7507
Sen. Tommy Norment
- Represents Gloucester County, New Kent County, King and Queen County, King William County, Poquoson City, Isle of Wight County, James City County, Surry County, York County, Hampton City, Suffolk City
- (804) 698-7503
Sen. Steve Newman
- Represents Campbell County, Botetourt County, Craig County, Bedford County, Roanoke County, Lynchburg City
- (804) 698-7523
Sen. Mark Obenshain
- Represents Harrisonburg, Page County, Rappahannock County, Shenandoah County, Warren County, Rockingham County
- (804) 698-7526
Sen. Richard Saslaw
- Represents Alexandria City, Fairfax County, Falls Church City
- (804) 698-7535
Sen. William Stanley
- Represents Galax, Martinsville, Patrick County, Henry County, Carroll County, Franklin County, Halifax County, Pittsylvania County, Danville
- (804) 698-750
Sen. Richard Stuart
- Represents King George County, Prince William County, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County, Westmoreland County
- (804) 698-758
Sen. John Cosgrove
- Represents Chesepeake City, Virginia Beach City, Isle of Wight County, Southampton County, Franklin City, Portsmouth City, Suffolk City
- (804) 698-7514
Sen. Ryan McDougle
- Represents Caroline County, Essex County, Middlesex County, Spotsylvania County, Lancaster County, Northumberland County, Richmond County, Hanover County, King Georg County, Westmoreland County
- (804) 698 7504
Sen. Glen Sturtevant
- Represents Powhatan County, Chesterfield County, Richmond City
- (804) 698 7510
Sen. Richard Black
- Represents Loudoun County, Prince William County
- (804) 698 7513